Research Project C8
Anton Petrov studied law with a focus on Public International Law at the Free University of Berlin (First German State Exam, 2012), University of Connecticut School of Law and New York University School of Law (LL.M. in International Legal Studies, 2013). Anton has interned with the UN International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, the International Law Commission, the German Federal Ministry of Justice as well as the World Policy Institute and Social Science Research Council. Additionally, he has worked for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and McKinsey & Co.
In his Ph.D. Research Project, Anton examines the legitimacy of contemporary law-making in the law of armed conflict, particularly the work of expert bodies.
- Law of Armed Conflict
- International Human Rights
- Law-Making in International Law
- ‘Neue Mittel der Kriegsführung - Neue Formen der Rechtsetzung?’ [‘New Means of Warfare - New Forms of Law-Making?’] in C. Gramm/D. Weingärtner (eds.), Moderne Waffentechnologie - Hält das Recht Schritt? (Nomos, Forthcoming)
- ‘Völkerrechtskommission: 66. Tagung 2014’ [‘International Law Commission: 66th Session 2014’], 63 Vereinte Nationen 135 (2015)
- 'Non-State Actors and Law of Armed Conflict Revisited: Enforcing International Law through Domestic Engagement' 19 Journal of Conflict & Security Law 279 (2014)
- 'New Means of Warfare - New Forms of Law-Making?' (in German) [Neue Mittel der Kriegsführung - Neue Formen der Rechtsetzung?'], German Society for Military Law and Humanitarian Law: 'Modern Weapon Technology - Does the Law Keep Pace?' [Deutsche Gesellschaft für Wehrrecht und Humanitäres Völkerrecht, Speyerer Tagung 'Moderne Waffentechnologie - hält das Recht Schritt?'], Speyer, Germany, 7 October 2014